I think it is already the time for the second public release of datapkggui. None of the previous milestones has been achieved in this release, because I wanted to work on two important aspects first: code cleanup and killing of running operations.
The project is also available on PyPi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/datapkggui
What is included in this release?
- Possibility to search for a package in TheDataHub
- Gathering extended information about a Package and download it from there
- Download a Package and its resources
- Clean (=erase) a partially downloaded package if download is not successfull
- Threaded operations, fluid GUI
- Operations communicate nicely with the GUI; an operations can be in state “started”, “finished” or “error”
- Possibility to Kill current running operations
- Implementation of a (not yet complete) library that is proposed as the standard datapkg library
- Code heavily refactored and cleaned up
What will be next?
The following are the next features that I plan to include in the next releases:
- Creation of a Package and Resources
- Registration of a Package in The Data Hub
- Localization of the program
- Integration of the Program in SofaStats