While rooting the device has been harder than I thought, bootloader unlock has been very simple to be achieved.
I verified by myself the method described on XDA – [PUDDING] International House of Pudding! BL Unlock/root thread and works fine for our rooted Motorola 4.4.35.MB860.Retail.en.GB.
Some important notes:
- Our smartphone needs the file labeled Orange/Bell/Telestra/Latin America/International users ONLY – Download IHOP, NOT the other one
- If you are a windows user, just follow the thread
- If you are a GNU/Linux / Mac OS X user, use sbf_flash instead of RSDLite
- It was not easy for me to find out that to flash SBF we must power off the phone, power it on while holding the VOL DOWN button, press the VOL DOWN button up to we see the “RSD” text, and press VOL UP to select it. Then we can safely flash it.
- Please install custom ROMS. don’t install Motorola Gingerbread update when it comes out in Europe, they will block the bootloader again and you will probably brick the device
Remember that unlocking the bootloader will void your warranty. Happy hacking.