Finally, I was able to work on DataDeck and release version 0.3.1 to the public. During the last 10 days I favored working on the new dpm library. It is difficult for me to contribute to both the projects because DataDeck is completely dpm dependent. Meanwhile, dpm is facing many internal changes. It is switching from a manager for open knowledge packages to a git-styled manager to “clone”, modify and submit packages. I am very happy about the new changes because it will really help people to contribute to OpenData projects.
Here is the changelog for DataDeck v0.3.1:
- Copes well if dpm has not been installed yet.
- Deleted internal library to favour dpm.lib
- Fixed bug when overwriting packages
- Added initial settings using ~/.dpmrc
- Added selection of default path for downloading packages
- Added entry point for running DataDeck from SofaStats
- Removed dpm dependency from setup.py because it has not been officially released yet