datapkggui v0.2.1, an important bugfix
I don’t usually post about bugfixing releases, but this one is very important. It seems that nobody (including me and datapkg developers) noticed that datapkg default configuration currently points to the old CKAN Api url,
. While developing datapkggui, I simply changed the configuration line
ckan.url = http://ckan.net/api/
ckan.url = http://thedatahub.org/api/
. New users that directly download datapkg (or datapkggui) will face errors, because the program creates an invalid configuration file and the underlying libraries can not handle the domain redirect. I signaled the bug in ckan-dev mailing list. Meanwhile, I updated datapkggui to version v0.2.1, that automatically detects the old configuration entry and corrects it.
New users, you can now enjoy these initials releases of datapkggui.
I do not use a commenting system anymore, but I would be glad to read your comments and feedback. Feel free to contact me.