Why did I write another pastebin clone?
Pastebin is (sometimes) slow, and I’m not (yet) interested to categorize pastes or to associate them to a user. Pastebin is free and the code is available, but is a single php file, and not a Django project!
There are already other services there, even written using Django, but no one is free software. BD-incollo IS free software. Well, BD-incollo has been written after those Django pastebin clones, so i could learn from their mistakes and write a better one! Everybody is welcome to grab the code and modify it, or even to submit suggestions!
Report feedbacks, feature requests and bugs on the issue tracker.
- Copy, Paste and store a text / source code to the system
- NEW! Give other people the possibility to discover your Paste (make a Paste either public or private)
- Decide to colorize the syntax of the Paste
- Share it using its URL
- NEW! Enhance Pastes! Create a Paste starting from an old one
- NEW! View differences! Makes use of the powerful diff-match-patch by Neil Fraser to see differences between two Pastes
- NEW! Antispam protection using Akismet and akismet.py by Michael Foord
- Download it as plain text
- View it as plain text
- Search something interesting through other pastes!
- Report abuses to site admins
- Fast, really fast!
- It works well and has nice urls, thanks to Django
- A very clean interface, a minimalist design that gives space to the code (as it should always be)
- Compatible with every browser (tested with Internet Explorer 6,7,8, Mozilla Firefox 3, Apple Safari, Google Chrome)
- Resolution friendly! Liquid design that adapts to every monitor resolution (tests from 1024×768)
- Developer friendly! Every functionality of BD-incollo can be done with max 2 mouse clicks and without a mouse scroll!
- Tested with lots of pastes, quite every source code should be perfectly viewed (this does not happen with every pastebin clones I’ve tried)
- Uses Pygments for code highlighting
- 2010-07-26 – GitHub.
BD-incollo is released under The Gnu Affero GPL version 3! This is different from the license of the contents of the blog
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License
along with this program. If not, see < http ://www.gnu.org/licenses/ >.